View Single Post
Blackcat31 06:50 AM 11-11-2010
I have been reading these posts and learning from all, but I do have a question for you Nannyde...what happens to the kids when they leave your care? It seems as though you have changed the world (environment) for them and "trained" them to abide by your rules and theories, but what happens when they go off to school and find out that the real world works nothing like the environment they just spent the last 5 or 6 years in? What happens when they interact with kids who are behaving as most normal kids do? What happens when you do not come quickly and "right the world" for them? They have no social skills....they may have all the correct social skills to survive in your environment, but what about skills for the real world with real kids? I respect your methods and ways you do things because it has obviously been a VERY successful thing for you...you have the enrollment and past years experience as proof....However, I am just wondering how these practices apply in the real world for the kids...do they go through a type of de-programming so they can function outside of your care?
Honestly, if your methods work, you should seriously consider becoming a childcare mentor and tour the country teaching providers how to make this happen in their childcares...because I have been doing childcare for over 17 years and if I had one day, just one day where there wasn't some type of conflict between kids or between kids and their parents I would consider that a good day...heck, even a miracle!