View Single Post
Unregistered 04:42 PM 05-18-2016
I also think it's the era!

Thing is it's okay to be bored! Nothing wrong with that and they have plenty to do so its their problem to fix, not yours. Though they certainly try to make it your problem.

I'm not sure if ignoring the whining will help but that's what I'd do! First I'd set up the expectation, let them know each morning that during nap its outside play time. Talk about what fun things they can plan for fun that afternoon. Have them brainstorm with you and each other.

I'd let them know it's not your problem (in a nice way) and it's their job to figure out something to do. Tell them you know they can do it. You have faith in them.

Yes, and it might take awhile. They probably do have to learn how to play outside and entertain themselves.

Is there something they can take out only at that time, like some of those dollar store tiny firemen or construction men or plastic animals or Dino's. I'd buy cheapies and let them pick from the special outdoor box. Only for them and only at that time of day and not be able to take them all so they seem special. That's about the extent of the planning I'd do.

It will take time. Hopefully the learn how fun the adventure can be! There, call it adventure time and after nap it's their job to report on the adventure of the day! Maybe even draw a picture of it when they come in!

Yes, like someone said have water bottles available...and bathroom before they go out.