View Single Post
momofboys 09:02 AM 05-08-2010
Originally Posted by QualiTcare:
i could understand requiring a deposit, and i'd have no problem paying one -but there's no way i'd pay full or half price for the whole summer.

if half price was required, i like the idea of being able to bring the child part time - that's fair.

when i was in school getting my teaching degree everyone was always asking why i didn't go for something that paid more. first, i said cus this is what i want to do. then, i reminded them that teachers make less, but they save a lot in childcare costs. if i got a job starting out making 60,000 - by the time i paid for childcare, i'd have 40,000 left over. so, if i'm teaching and not paying for childcare (or in my case NOW - after school care for 2 kids) it's basically the same. teaching is a mother friendly job for the most part. you work when your kids are in school and you're off when they're out of school. it's one of the main benefits.

so, yeah, there's no way i'd pay full price or half price with NO care. that's just MY opinion. i'm not suggesting anyone change their policy or that it's wrong. just answering the OP's question.
I know childcare is pricey, but who pays 20K a year (or in 9 months) for childcare?