View Single Post
Bookworm 03:53 PM 04-25-2012
Originally Posted by daycare:
all of my DCP know this... sometimes they are upset by it, but I tell them you knew this going into it. I don't do bad behavior, the kids know this. I have very very few behavior problems from my DCKs....well at least now, I cant say taht a year ago.

I think that it is very simple...You don't and you won't!!! lol

I even use this with my older teens and my older kids that I coach on the field. I hav parents ask me all the time how do you do that again??? lol I just laugh and tell them ahhh just beat them with a chicken........all joking of course.....
I explain all this to every parent in my room and all but one agree 100%. Ironically, it's the parent whose kid has the most tantrums. She called my
Director to complain that I had the audacity to discipline her child in front of her while he was throwing a fit over a toy he wasn't supposed have anyway. My Director asked me to explain to her again about my policy on tantrums to which she responded that she didn't think it was fair that he didn't get to participate because he was upset. My response to her was, he didn't participate because he had a tantrum and I don't entertain them. She is not happy with me now but she won't pull him out because I'm the only one who can control him. Thank God school starts in 3 1/2 mos.