View Single Post
mamabears77 11:44 AM 05-09-2011
4 is a very typical age for "separation anxiety". It could simply be that, or maybe things are too boring for him. Preschool can be very busy, exiting and things are very different day to day. Maybe when he gets to the daycare, it's not as fun because they are just playing or even eating, napping...ya know something boring when he arrives.

Something that has worked really well for me with a kiddo who went through this was a marble jar. Mom made a reward, and I gave him marbles for having a great day. I listed a few things that I wanted to see him accomplish through out his day, and when I spotted him doing those things, he got a handful of marbles. At the end of the day he got a "I did it" paper thingy if he reached the line on the jar (sorry I have no idea what it really is. Then his mom did the special reward. For the first few days, she had to do something daily. About two weeks later, he was doing so well she changed it to once a month.

If you are still worried about the daycare, you by all means should pop in for a visit. Parents really should do this more often in my opinion.

Best to you!

~Kristen