View Single Post
nannyde 04:57 AM 12-09-2010
Originally Posted by QualiTcare:
nannyde, teaching is nowhere near the same as daycare though. not even close. in a daycare/preschool environment you typically have to do EVERYTHING - help kids potty, clean up accidents, set up for lunch, clean up from lunch, etc, etc, etc. if you're teaching, the kids go to the cafeteria and come back when they're finished. if they have an accident, they go to the nurse. if they puke, you call the janitor. so, you can actually spend your time teaching and if you have good classroom management skills...it's really not bad at all!
I know what you are saying.

I'm saying the kids that have years and years of this kind of behavior end up in school at some point. I feel sorry for the teachers who have to deal with the behavior of the kids who have a whole childhood of this kind of behavior. Even though they don't have to do basic cares like we do they do have to do behavior.

That's what I meant.

Kids don't surface "clean" when they have an early childhood of violence, disrespect, defiance, etc. They only have a lot of practice doing it by the time they are five.

I'll betcha if you polled Kindy teachers who have ten years or more they would tell you that the behavior they deal with now doesn't look a thing like what they dealt with ten years ago.