View Single Post
Yvonne 01:42 PM 03-03-2011
After calling several Child Care Providers in my area in both Beauregard and Vernon Parishes, I have found out that NONE of them perform any random drug testing on their employees! A few stated, "it's not required by the State". Some didn't even understand what I was talking about, others - at least one - was offended and put off by my questions... she had 16 Staff working in that agency, not to mention the Administrative staff.
One told me the only requirement is upon their initial hiring !

The Child Care Statistics are 4 % of people (ages 18 - 64) admitted to using illegal and legal drugs and/or alcohol in the last month. Those are the ones that got caught (arrested) and were able to contribute to these statistics. It does not include those who have not had any consequences yet from their addictions. That means at least 1 out of every 25 employees admitted they have an substance abuse addiction problem. What about the ones who use drugs and drink every day ? This definitely interferes with their decision making, their patience and tolerance levels - ALL of which are Vital in Caring for young children - especially if they're not their own child !

So they're saying that they are NOT randomly monitoring their Staff who provide direct care 1:1 for our children??? And we PAY these agencies to provide child care Safety ? Most accidents happen in Child Care due to negligence ... You would think they would safeguard their treatment centers and "randomly drug test" their employees.

My Children are important to me and I will not leave them in the care of anyone who doesn't ensure their Absolute Safety Under All Circumstances.

I am currently looking into the laws governing this ... Please help me by starting a chain on this Topic to Get THEIR ATTENTION in keeping our Children Safe from not only sexual predators, but the silent alcoholic and addict who cares more about their drugs than my child.
Thank You ~