Thread: Storage Cubes
View Single Post
Mommy2One 12:45 PM 11-14-2012
I'm just a mommy but a neat freak. I initially wanted the Ikea Expedit for my daughter's room. I ended up with a 12 cube modular system (the boxes are separate so they can be arrange in any configuration) that has the same 15"x15" openings. I bought the Drona boxes from Ikea. I like the boxes in general - they're cheap ($4.99) they've held up great, hold a ton of stuff and extras fold up flat.

The system is out in the garage now. Some of my daughter's toys filled just 1/4 of the bin, which wasted a lot of space. Others, like her Little People farm/bus would only fit if put in the box a certain way (which meant I had to do it every time). I don't know if it would work well for a daycare, but what worked for us was getting a large cabinet with doors (a gorgeous white armor that we found on Craigslist) and filling it with bins of various sizes. I use the Sterlite bins because the different sizes are all the same width so they stack easily. When open, it looks a bit "messy" but I just close the doors and all the toys disappear.

Meeko - I love your system! I wish I had the space for something like that - maybe someday!