View Single Post
Unregistered 01:53 PM 07-11-2011
Originally Posted by Christina72684:
I opened my daycare home on June 11th, so it's been a month now. So far I've had

one full time 5yr old boy from the beginning
2 part time girls (they've came 2x now) 6 and 8yrs old
2 full time kids for 2 weeks (2nd grade boy and 5th grade girl)
my 3month old daughter
my assistant's 3 kids (3, 9, and 11).

We made $440 in 4 weeks. $400 of that was the 5 yr old boy and then $40 was the 2 girls. The 2nd grade boy and 5th grade girl hasn't paid because their dad is doing some construction work on the house that we traded for. I told my assistant that she could have her 3yr old boy there for free since we can't pay her a lot, and then her 9 and 11 yr old girls are there while schools out, but they are so much help I'm not charging for them either.

After paying my assistant $320, that leaves $120 left to pay the house payment, utilities, food, other supplies, oh and myself and my mom (we co-own it)....this SUCKS!!! We need more kids bad! I have 2 babies and a 3 yr old that will start within the next month, but I need more than that!

Any suggestions on how to get more kids, or how to save money on things?
Hi! A little advise for the assistance with the 3yr old. I'm not sure what her financial situation is, but i know that there is a program called 4c's that is a government program that helps pay for daycare for working moms. Maybe threw that program she can get funds to pay the daycare for her sons tuition .

I also am opening a small daycare in my town in New Jersey. I am renting a building in a strip mall that holds 15 kids and am hoping for the best. Good luck!!!

Jennifer