View Single Post
debbiedoeszip 05:16 AM 04-13-2014
Originally Posted by MissLisa:
I am from Pennsylvania... so I don't know Texas rules but I can only suggest that you try to find a nanny for home care. It would make so much more sense so that he can with his own surroundings...and bed at a normal hour...and you can pop in and out if you are able to go home for lunch... So what every you currently pay per day now... you can probably offer that or close to that for someone to come in your home. When he is of age for preschool just make sure that they have a car so they can take him to a preschool a few times per week for the interaction... or create play dates... so they socially develope to prepare for school.
I was going to suggest something like this as well. An au-pair, or a live-in nanny, situation would be more ideal than extended daycare or using more than one daycare, IMO. Better for the child (emotionally), and like you said, the parent can come home at lunch and spend that time with the child.

I really feel for the OP, though. My DH is military (Canadian) and I've provided childcare for military families. I had one situation where both parents (divorced, btw) were being deployed to Afghanistan at the same time and they asked me if I was willing to foster their child while they were away (I wasn't; not only am I not interested in fostering in general, their child was a handful and a half). DH says that the attitude of the military is often "If we wanted you to have a family, one would have been issued to you."