View Single Post
KidGrind 06:18 AM 04-13-2014
Originally Posted by bklsmum:
While I do agree to an extent, the military is a very hard thing to fight or change. He can fight the policy AND look for a solution at the same time and that is what he should do to avoid getting himself into very big trouble.
The OP’s post isn’t an uncommon problem for military families or those working in certain fields.

Based off the schedule mentioned the OP should have additional days off. I deal with DCFs with those sorts of schedules.

A FCC Provider (there are tons in Texas) will able to provide care for your the child in question. All the service member has to do is run a chit up the chain and get approval for his child to be in care for more than 12 hours a day. Providers will usually give a parent depending on DCP’s job location 30 minutes to up to an hour before & after schedule work shift.

If the OP does this and finds a great provider to do this, they should not expect to drop off children on days off. Weekends (because providers have families too) should be a fee outside of a normal full-time rate. I also have dealt with this and provided the service. If DCP is late after 13+ hours then of course there will be late fees. In addition all active duty personnel should have an family care action plan because this is a part of military life. Most know the score with they join. If a draft was involved I’d have sympathy.

One of the reasons 24 hours military CDCs are being built is the situation shared in this post.