View Single Post
unregistered 11:12 AM 08-04-2009
Originally Posted by melissa ann:
I watch 3 kids from 1 family. It seems they are always coughing, sneezing or having a runny nose. The 1 boy, never goes to the dr because his grandpa doesn't take him. Apparently, the drs get on him about the boy's size. He is small (height & weight) for his age. He is not up to date on his vaccines because of this. I think it's a lame excuse on not taking a child to the dr. The girl that I watch (boy's cousin) I swear has never had a haicut, much less has it combed. The parents do work in retail, so they come in contact with who knows what. My kids were never sick before I started childcare. I knew that when I started doing childcare, we would probably get colds, viruses, etc. But sometimes, these kids are not dressed properly for the weather. In the wintertime, they'd have on light jackets, sandals, etc. Then the parents have the nerve to say that their kids were never sick as much as they are now! The kids do not eat properly. They don't eat veggies. No wonder they are always sick.

Melissa Ann, I think this needs to be reported to child protective services. This is much more than children getting sick, sounds like there is some medical neglect going on there, and even environmental neglect.

My son went to daycare from the time he was 4 months old. He is currently 20 months. We took him out of the first dc provider due to him getting sick every week. I know that sounds petty and silly, but since he's been going to his new daycare (for about 6 months or more now), he hasn't been sick 1 time.

One issue that we have been having with the new daycare just deals with a worker there. I am happy with the daycare, and I feel that my son is learning a lot from there. But, I've observed, as well as my husband and my other family members that pick my son up or drop him off that one worker is consistently rude, stand-offish and not nice with the children. She has 2 children of her own at the daycare too, and is very hateful with them. The other workers have up to 5 or more children around them, and she will be sitting in a chair by herself not doing anything to help the other workers. My son is spoiled, and I know that. They do too. He is the child that you see that clings to the legs of the workers if they won't pick him up. This was fine until the first few weeks he kept coming home with busted lips because he would grab her leg and she would shrug him off, causing him to fall and hit his mouth on the floor. That hasn't happened anymore, I guess he's learned to leave her alone.

You know that gut feeling that we mommies get when something just isn't right with somebody? That's how I am with this worker. It makes me nervous when they are there alone with him. I won't leave him unless another worker is there. So...I called today to talk to the director about it. I hate causing trouble and I really hate to point things out like that, but what do you do? It's my son, and he's my only son. I guess we'll see how it goes...even though my hubby is pissed at me now for saying anything to them about it.