View Single Post
Beach Baby 05:51 AM 09-24-2012
I was going to suggest circle time but I see you've already thought of that. I think 2 (and 3) year olds still need lots of free play. BUT, I'm not big on planned curriculum for the younger crowd. Is it possible to do circle time with the 1 yr old? I know they don't sit still, but if you have safe, quiet activities they would be able to play and listen in while you do circle time with the bigger kids. Maybe you can plan some preschool activities that fit into the free play time? My kids all LOVE sensory stuff, so maybe you could incorporate learning time that way? You could even make one that is appropriate for the 1 yr old so they can participate during that time as well. For example, my kids love our rice bin. If you are teaching about the letter A and the number 2, you can add things that start with A and also the letter A, and add 2 of each item. They can do matching and sorting, etc with things like that. That way, you have something that is more structured, but that all kids can participate in. Hope that helps!