View Single Post
MarinaVanessa 10:01 AM 11-01-2012
Woah, not only is she asking for a HUGE discount but she's also asking you to open earlier than normal. I personally wouldn't do it for less since I don't do sibling discounts. One of the reasons that I don't do discounts is because it's not fair to my other loyal clients of only one child ... the other reason is because I don't like to have siblings in daycare. When a family moves then I'd be losing 2 or more kids at one time. Charging full price sort of gets me singletons instead of siblings which I'm fine with. Here's how I explain sibling discounts to my clients or interviews:

Originally Posted by :
Sibling Discounts: No sibling discounts are given at this time. Please understand that all children are given the same level of care therefore it would be unfair to our other clients of single children if we offered clients with multiple children a discount.
As far as opening earlier ... well that's WAY early.

I personally wouldn't do both "special" at the same time ... only one or the other. I've given discounts also and opened earlier for clients BUT it was only one thing not both combined. I suppose that it just depends on what you are willing to do.

You can also tell her that you'd be willing to try it (if you really need the client and extra income and you feel up to it all) but on a trial only basis of one month to see how it goes. We already work long hours, you don't want to burn yourself out and you don't know how the kids will behave from being woken that early. If it works out for you then great, if not well then you terminate. I think that you should continue to advertise for the spot even if you do take this family on, just make sure you let the mom know. Just explain that it's a precaution just in case you decide it's not working out.

I still don't think that $40 for the 2nd child is worth it though. Even at a 50% discount that would mean she should be paying about $72.50 and I wouldn't dream of giving that much of a discount for siblings. Most places offer like 10-20% off for siblings. But you do what is best for you and your family.