View Single Post
Unregistered 11:35 AM 01-28-2012
Originally Posted by Unregistered:
Exactly my thoughts *Interested*
Sometimes I think parents whine more than children. You are paying for the slot, not for the hour. If you want it spelled out.... you have a yearly flat rate. It is broken down for your convenience. Or would you rather pay by the year?? The only thing to change this is what the policy makes exceptions to. Have you ever heard of salary pay? No matter how many hours you work, it is a flat pay. It is the same principle. Got a problem? Start your own day care and see what we are talking about, then maybe you would understand better. If we catered to everyones whims, we would watch your precious for free 24/7.
YES!!! THIS

OP: This is just yet another situation where parents want to crap on their providers. Is it legal for your job to pay you for time you DON'T WORK? Oh, wait, it is isn't it? It's called a benefit. Us providers don't get paid benefits, but sheesh, we should get some sort of acknowledgment for the work we do. This job is so thankless. The kids are the only ones who even make a difference in our lives, and maybe the one or two parents that come and go that are decent. This is why I quit too! People are ungrateful especially when it comes to the care of their children which boggles my mind. A child should come FIRST, not last. If your child is sick or you don't have to work Christmas, how is that OUR fault? Why should WE sacrifice even MORE time with OUR families so you don't have to pay us? Why should WE be forced to work a day YOUR OWN employer gives you off? And if on the off chance that they don't, why do we HAVE to work? Why is it okay for YOU to get paid for sick time, vacation time, personal time, Holiday pay for NOT doing a job, but the same isn't okay for providers? You're not working, right? why should your employers offer to pay you? The COMPANY consists of OTHER PEOPLE!! It's like dumb is everywhere these days. It goes BOTH ways, so why should providers be screwed over? In-Home providers make NOTHING. Seriously, look at my taxes for 10 years, I made NOTHING. Your (general) kids should be much more important than MONEY! SHAME SHAME!