View Single Post
daycare 10:50 AM 07-26-2011
Originally Posted by nannyde:
Because they know they have so much of your income in their will. If a provider carries six kids that's HALF of the income. They walk out the door and BOOM... the providers financial life changes dramatically.

So the provider behaves towards them in a way to protect HER family and HER money. This translates into one YES after another. Once the parent gets a whiff of that they know they got ya and before you know it they are breaking one after another of your policies. You can't do the "it's about the group" when she has half the group.

In a center they do not have this kind of power. In a home... three is a LOT.

I did sib groups when I did evening shift. They are an asset to the business if they are in slots that are harder to fill and the viability of the business is covered by day slots. When they are just gravy money it's GOOD money. It's just if you have to have their income to survive... then it's risky.

There's also the element that once the total amount that is paid is known to friends and family it's pretty easy for them to get the next person and the next person to do it. If they are state paid they can easily find someone to do it in my state because my state allows the provider to go to THEIR house. You get a nanny on the states dime.
I can vouge for this.....
happened to me and it was living you know what!!!

I also would never take 3 kids from one family! I have to agree with you 100% Nan...

BTDT and will NEVER do it again.......live and learn