View Single Post
daycare 11:48 AM 10-21-2011
I don't know if you have to report it, maybe call just in case you are supposed to.

Honestly, I have been where you are. I had a DCB that had been kicked out of 9, yes 9 different DCH and Centers before coming to me. The mom was very honest about it and I was very hesitant to want to bring the child on.

The only reason that I considered it was because he was not violent, just really bad behavior and mom was willing to do anything. Her words and actions showed it.

So I took this kid on after having a long talk with the mom about what I expected from her and what would happen if I could not handle the boy. He was almost 3 when he came.

Some of the things that I did were, if the boy was too much to deal with, mom had to come pick him up and mom was not to reward teh child in anyway. She was on board and really wanted it to work... This was the only way that I was willing to take him on. I also had to seperate him at times from the group and create his own play space. I figured taht this child just really needed to be given a chance and I was it.

Well there were other things that I also required and guess what. He just needed someone to show him right instead of always pointing out his wrong. He became one of the best behaved sweet children in the DC.. He stayed with me until he just left for kinder this fall.

I cried when he left.....It was a lot of work on my part and I did stress along the way, but I would not change a thing. I am happy to know that I was able to help him when no one else would.