View Single Post
valuedkids 03:17 PM 07-04-2012
1.Chicken Rice Alfredo, Instant Brown Rice, Alfredo Sauce, Cream of Chicken, Bacon Bits, Chicken (chunked), broccoli. I either bake this or put in crock pot until the rice is tender. Be sure that you add either water or milk to have enough moisture for the rice.

2. Easy Nachos, In one pan, I use a big can of refried beans, black beans, diced tomatoes, shredded chicken pork or hamburger (whatever I have pre cooked in the freezer.) taco seasoning, and cheese. Let it all melt together and serve over chips... I can have lunch ready in under 10 minutes. Sometimes I add a can of corn as well. I offer sour cream to those who want it!

3. I do a Taco soup they love as well.. Its all cans from the pantry so its easy to throw together either ahead in the crock pot or at last minute as well. Black beans, Kidney beans, white beans, navy beans, pinto beans etc.. Petite diced tomatoes, Tomato puree, corn, green beans, olives and taco seasoning. I top it with a touch of cheese and serve with corn bread or garlic bread.

4. I also make a Lasagna casserole which is easy and kids make less mess than regular lasagna. Whole wheat penne, spaghetti sauce, diced tomatoes, cottage cheese, hamburger, shredded cheese. This also can be made early, then popped in the oven, or in the crock pot... but be sure to spray your pan/crock pot with non stick spray for easier clean up.

5. Sloppy Joes here always have finely diced green zucchini and yellow squash, by the time you add tomato sauce, spices, and ground beef/turkey the kids don't realize how many veggies they are eating!