View Single Post
Unregistered 08:08 AM 09-15-2011
Originally Posted by GretasLittleFriends:
The dad just kind of blew it off. I'm not sure if he reprimanded the child at home. It seems to me that the children aren't the top most wrung on the father's ladder of priorities though. To make things more fun, mom's not actively in the pic either.
Why should a child be reprimanded for pooping his pants? Accidents happen. No need in shaming the boy. Obviously he was embarrassed and was uncomfortable to let you know. You were in tears because he was all over your house and you had to sanitize and clean up a big mess? I would be in tears because I let a child have soiled pants on for 4 to 6 hours and not catch it. From snack until 8 was the first time you were close enough to him to smell it? I also would have felt like **** because the child didn't trust me enough to tell me. I know children hide stuff, but they are open to those they trust, feel loved by, and safe around.

Trust me when I see that a child had diarrhea and it leaked out of their diaper and clothes on to the floor, I'm hating the fact I have to wash everything. But these are the things children do. I suck it up, put on my big girl pants on and do my job. Just because you may not say anything directly to the child they read your body language, facial expressions, and the tone of your voice. More than likely he knew you were pissed and angry. He knew that every child their knew that they were strapped to chairs for how ever long because he pooped his pants. I know that it law that old people in nursing homes that have accidents are to be treated confidentiality and respect. Don't children deserve the same?
I'm not registered my name is Sara Walley from WI.