View Single Post
Blackcat31 06:47 AM 03-21-2013
Originally Posted by Blackcat31:
I was totally gonna post this same question!! I have a 3 yr old dcg who I've had since birth M-F and just recently she has become this crazy wild child I have NEVER seen before at pick up time. I have an entry way that is completely separated by a half door so she has no audience except parent picking up (and me) but she climbs the coat cubbies, jumps onto and off of the bench, pulls things out of other's baskets and basically turns into Sybill. Dcm just goes about her business and tries her best to get dcg shoes and coat on. I have tried saying something to both dcm and child, but nothing seems to phase this girl. We have even tried discussions the next morning, pep talks right before pick up to remind her of rules and she just goes crazy every day at pick up regardless. Lately I have been just walking away from entry room and leaving dcm to deal with her flailing wailing child on her own.
I also have an 18 month old who clings to me and cries and freaks out whenever I try to hand her over 1/2 door to dcm at pick up. I get that she loves being here, but sheesh! Pick ups are becoming crazy here!
I guess it beats screaming kids at drop off since they ALL come in eagerly...just seems as though NO ONE wants to leave lately!!
LOL!! This is an old thread so reading my post from back then is funny!

I know the info is still relevant but I no longer have this issue (with ay of my DCK's) and I still have this 3 yr old and the 18 month old I mentioned above.

Of course they are older now but wow! how things change!