View Single Post
Starburst 12:00 AM 08-02-2013
IK this is an old post, so I'm disregarding the old comments and only responding to the most resent question (plus I love coming up with business names).

Originally Posted by Unregistered:
I am in this same predicament....

So I put it to a contest with my parents for a week of free tuition...

So far the best ideas are Little Hands & Feet
The Dove's Nest
Friends Academy

You also want to make sure you make sure the name you want to use isn't registered by anyone else in your state before you finalize it.

My thoughts on those:
Little Hands & Feet- cute but is a very common daycare name.
The Dove's Nest- I really like it, it's uncommon and you can have a dove, bird, or nature theme with it (I'm known on this sight for liking themes ).
Friends Academy- Short and Cute, it expresses that you teach academics as well as social skills. Just a thought- sometimes parents get too chummy when they see you as their "friend" instead of a business owner and start expecting special treatment, also when kids see adults as their friends they take you less seriously.

Out of those I really like The Dove's Nest. If you are looking for some other suggestions (and want to avoid giving a free week of child care ) here are some other ones, I am not sure of your name or where you live so I'll do my best. I may use variations of your chosen favorites (and some other options on education related titles):

Love Dove (Academy/Institute/Tech/Child Care)
Dove (Academy/Institute/Tech/Child Care)
Hands and Feet (Academy/Institute/Tech/Child Care)
Charming Hearts (Academy/Institute/Tech/Child Care)
Brilliant Minds (Academy/Institute/Tech/Child Care)
Brilliant Hearts (Academy/Institute/Tech/Child Care)
Lucky Ducks (Academy/Institute/Tech/Child Care)
Dream to Achieve (Academy/Institute/Tech/Child Care)
Dare to Dream (Academy/Institute/Tech/Child Care)
Over the Moon (Academy/Institute/Tech/Child Care)
Above and Beyond (Academy/Institute/Tech/Child Care)
Out Of This World (Academy/Institute/Tech/Child Care)
Destiny (Academy/Institute/Tech/Child Care)
Eternal Knowledge (Academy/Institute/Tech/Child Care)
The Tree of Knowledge (Academy/Institute/Tech/Child Care)

If you plan on registering your name (maybe even if you don't), I would pick a few name you really like- in case that business name is taken/claimed.

Please consider being a board member of the forum and joining the 'Provider's In Training' group for new FCCPs, both are free.