View Single Post
Unregistered 06:18 AM 10-08-2008
I was in the military with a child that went to the CDC on base. They have regulations on the base that are not necessarily applied to outside. I had the same sort of situation, both my husband and I were actually workers at an area that was 25 miles from the base, and it meant our daughter would be in there for over the 10 hour max. My supervisors wrote up a waiver, that allowed for that extra time. Now on the flip side, there is a thing called a dependant care form, that they can make you use in a time like this. It sounds heartless, but that is what it is there for. I am no longer in because of things like this. If you have a neighbor that you can trust to pick your child up, and or stay with you, and then make the best of the situation while the wife does her duty in Korea. I know it will be difficult, but you can do it.

Talk to the chaplain, or talk to a person in a higher position, go to the family support on base, as I am sure they have many options with the high tempo of our military at this time. Good luck