View Single Post
DCMom 11:34 AM 04-07-2011
Originally Posted by daycare:
The issue that I have is storing my books and paper supplies for my teaching. LOL When someone has a good plan let me know how they store their curriculum papers/ cutouts
I used Funshine Express for years and saved the curriculum guides and 1 copy of all the little extras (calendar pieces, topic cards, etc). I slip them into gallon sized zip lock bags along with the curriculum guide and I store them upright in cardboard magazine files labeled by the month; this has worked out best for me because I find that I have a tendancy to do the same themes around the same time each year. I also use three ring binders and sheet protectors to store master copies of the work/coloring/activity sheets or things that I print off the internet. Then I just make copies of what I need as I need it. This along with the various curriculum books I have collected over the years are all on a bookcase in my office/storage room.

I also use clear bins for theme/holiday type items like puzzles, books, games, etc. that I use each year. Fire Safety, Dinosaurs, Butterflies/Bugs, Spring/Easter, Valentines Day, St Patricks Day/MardiGras, etc. I am a huge 'after the holiday clearance' shopper, so that helps me stay organized and remember what I have the next year because I put it in the bin right away and put it on the shelf. My office/storage/infant nap room is floor to ceiling shelving and bookcases with three porta cribs in the center. It's outfitted with a large assortment of sterilite bins and drawers in all shapes and sizes. All labeled because everything has its place. Even my books are divided by subject

For day to day art supplies, I have drawers on shelves that the kids that are old enough can reach. Markers, crayons, colored pencils, scissors, punches, glue sticks, paper scraps, magazines, misc left over art stuff, all have their own drawer. They just grab the drawer and bring to the table. Coloring books are in a magazine file; construction papers they have to ask for, but those are filed in cardboard magazine files on their side by color so they can pick what they want. The kids call it the rainbow shelf, lol.

Wow. After proof reading this, I sound kind of OCD...but it's what keeps my sanity on a daily basis, know where everything is and being able to grab it at a moments notice makes the day go much more smoothly.