View Single Post
StressedMom 09:53 AM 01-31-2010
I've read all of your comments and I think you all have very good points. As a parent I find myself constantly questioning whether or not I have made the right decision about the daycare I have chosen for my boys. How can you really know what goes on all day while you aren't there? I had a friend take her son to a daycare that had video cameras where she could watch him from work & what she observed was terrible, and to make it worse the daycare sided with the worker who was abusive!!

Sometimes I do find myself blaming the daycare for things that when I have time to really sit down and think it through I come to the conclusion that 1 - it's the daycare's fault or 2 - it's our fault. The hardest thing for a parent to do is to blame themselves when their children aren't or do not seem happy or "like themselves." It is much easier to jump to conclusions and assume than to do what it takes to get down to the bottom of it. However, whenever I make a "possible" complaint to the director or suggestions, she never returns my emails and she never calls. I then have to call her several hours later to discuss something she should have called me about in the first place. When I finally speak with her she sort of brushes off the issue at hand and starts talking about letting your children go, grow, etc.

My toddler is 2 and it is hard to tell whether he's just hit a phase and that is causing his change in personality or if it's something going on at daycare. I figure the only way I'm going to find out is to check in at random throughout the day when I am not expected, from a vantage point where they do not know I am watching. I will get down to the bottom of it if it's the last thing I do! If nothing's wrong, I'll be a happy mom..but like the other mom said, we have maternal instinct for a reason and we know when something's not quite right so all you providers out there if you're not doing what's best for our children you need to get out of the business altogether. If you can't take the heat, get out of the street! Might I add also, for many parents this is our first time experiencing things such as children getting sick, adjusting to daycare, etc. So take it easy on us we sometimes do not know any better!