View Single Post
cheerfuldom 07:32 PM 07-20-2012
Originally Posted by countrymom:
I have one and only my children are allowed on it. There is no encloser on it, heck there's no padding around it either. Accidents happen no matter what you do, there are more accidents that happen on swings then on trampolines. Sorry it makes me so mad that people blame everything on trampolines when they have no idea how safe they really are. Everyone hears all sorts of stories and just assume its the trampolines fault, well unless the trampoline gets up and moves, its usually the persons fault.
I see what you are saying but I do think there are some reasonable safety measures that can make a difference. I mean accidents happen on swings all the time but wouldnt it be better to try a few safety measures like not letting kids jump off swings, not walking in front or behind too close, making sure the set is firmly in the ground, etc. Accidents can happen anywhere at anytime but there are also precautions that lessen the chance IMO and that is why we have compromised in letting our kids have the fun of a trampoline but also put some safety measures in place.

Ours has a little latch so that kids cant get in or out if an adult has latched it. I like that for keeping the daycare kids out when it is off limits during daycare hours. Dont want any rascals sneaking in there and getting hurt!!