View Single Post
Blackcat31 07:22 AM 04-02-2016
Originally Posted by Unregistered:
Hi,

Someone new moved in down the street and before the old owner moved out he took down a big section of 4ft tall chain link fence. Now the new neighbor can drive a car through it. The neighbor has regular driveway access to a perpendicular street. The section they now sometimes drive through goes onto to my road. My road is a narrow road with only 3 houses, BUT this NEW driveway to my road is extremely blinded. At first, i was ok with it and just figured i have to be real careful going by,especially since they have 2 kids. Now i hear she wants to open a daycare. Not sure of the size,but even if small, can i raise an anonymous complaint with dhhs about safety if they dont fix the fence? House is also very close to a main road. It just seems like a disaster waiting to happen.
If it is truly a safety issue the state should recognize this during their inspection....Unless she will be legally unlicensed and isnt subject to inspection.

Which in that case, Id consider approaching the home owner about it before making a complaint to the city (who would handle zoning type stuff).

IME most daycare providers are concerned with the safety of their clients too so she may have already considered this issue and if not, bringing it to her attention may be helpful and appreciated.