View Single Post
Sugar Magnolia 03:42 PM 05-19-2011
I get paper for free from offices. They often throw away or recycle paper that has a blank side. The kids don't mind if there's type on one side, they use the blank side. Go to a wallpaper store and ask for discontinued wallpaper sample books, makes great craft projects. Paint-Walmart. Crayons and markers, Walmart @ Back-to-School time, when they have .25 boxes of crayons and .99 markers, stock up for the year, because the prices go up after September. Personally, I steer clear of ordering from catalogs, often overpriced and usually a shipping charge. Dollar stores REALLY ROCK!!! esp. for construction paper. Off topic, but for paper towels and toilet paper-find a local "janitorial supply" place. I pay 14 bucks for 4000 tri-fold paper towels. You have to buy a dispenser, but it was less than $30. I get 96 rolls of t.p. for $38. I save a TON on paper products by NOT buying them @ Walmart. In general, don't be timid about asking people for donations! You can get a LOT of free stuff if you ask. Wow, cheapness is my specialty, I could go on and on and on....let me know if you want more cheapy ideas!