View Single Post
Unregistered 03:18 PM 11-01-2011
Originally Posted by jenh171:
I am lucky enough to care for the best little group of children...honestly, they are all so well-behaved all day long. But ALL of the kids I have ever watched act completely horrible the minute their mom or dad arrives to pick them up...having tantrums, throwing things, you name it. It's like someone flicked a switch. I don't understand the psychology of this, but someone told me once that it's as if they are letting mom and dad have it for being gone all day. But it almost feels manipulative too, because I think they know that I'm not going to really correct them with their parent here. It is so hard for the parents and I cannot think of a way to fix this. I just wondered if anyone else experiences this phenomena!
Yup my DCB acts out not with me but with his parents. I do drop off and picks ups at the door but for example Mom will tell him to come inside he will tell her no it drives me crazy because he doesnt tell me no. In the afternoons at pick ups Mom likes to chat child will run for the street even thou he knows better, throw leaves on my porch after I swept it, touch my decorations outside even thou he knows better, Mom will say its time to go he will whine and say no even thou I know that he knows better because he doesnt do it when Mom isnt here Im tired of watching it and try to make pick ups and drop off quick without seeming rude.