View Single Post
laundrymom 09:20 AM 03-04-2011
Im all for drug and underage alcohol testing for those who have shown to have issues. Not for only child for workers but teachers, police fire and medical staff. Anyone directly responsible for anothers life. I also think for ANY public aid, housing, food, medical, education, daycare, any public money period, you should be tested, then randomly retested. If you test positive then you get NOTHING for 18mo. Much cheaper to spend $50 bucks on testing, then not pay someones bills for 18 months. Get clean, then ask for help again. When you are clean, trying to Get your life In order, then fine. But I am tired of paying housing food meds and daycare on people who party and enjoy my money so I don't get to. I did get an initial drug test. So did my husband and anyone over 18 in my home. If a dayparent wanted me initially tested and was willing to pay then fine. They don't know me personally. I understand. But to generally say " 1 in 25" so everyone???? Yeah ummm your crazy. Lol.

1 in 25 food poisonings come from salsa. Should. We ban it?
1 in 25 are sociopaths
1 in 25 playstations fail
On certain BMW motorcycles the final drive shaft failure rate after 100,000 miles is 1 in 25.

I personally am more bugged by the playstations than your statistic::
The Child Care Statistics are 4 % of people (ages 18 - 64) admitted to using illegal and legal drugs and/or alcohol in the last month

So 1 in 25 childcare providers admitted they may have had a drink in the past month???

I just don't see your problem.