View Single Post
daysofelijah 12:42 PM 12-28-2010
Thanks for explaining further what you meant about rewards. I know his parents are big on rewarding him for everything, things that should just be common courtesy, like saying "bye" when it's time to leave. He gets a treat in the car if he is polite and says bye.

This little guy is a rule the roost at home kind of kid. So maybe he does get rewards for potty at home. Though I think it might be more that mom just has time to take him every hour so he never has to think about needing to go, mom does the work for him?

Thanks for the ideas. He does not get time outs for accidents, I'm not supposed to punish for toilet accidents per licensing. I do not give much attention for the accidents, he does all the cleanup himself. Maybe having him sit longer on the potty when he does go would help, I didn't think about him not emptying his bladder. That could be it, because he really doesn't drink much here. He doesn't like milk so getting him to drink a half cup at meals is about all I can get him to do.

I have had him since he was 3 months old. He started pt at 2 and has always had accidents on and off here, I have had him go back to pull-ups at my house before (used to be bm accidents a lot, luckily he seems to be past that), but the pee accidents start up again after we stop the pull-ups.

Sigh. I just don't want to be blamed for this when I am doing everything I can to help him be successful and it's still not working.