View Single Post
Blackcat31 07:14 AM 09-16-2014
Originally Posted by Unregistered:
I have been in business for almost 15 years. Not all of them licensed. In my state it's about having things done to your house for approval. It took me 5 years before I could afford a house of my own which i could get licensed. Before i rented where many landlords didn't wan me to license the home because they feared the state coming in to tell them what is wrong with the house or feared being sued because a child died in the house. All of which is crazy and laws do protect the landlords form that happening.
I honestly have to say that I didn't always follow the rules. There is no way I can pay my bills on just a few dcks. I loved being licensed. I lost my house because my husband lost his job and I couldn't charge much being that too many daycares where spouting up after the many layoffs in my state. Once you move, the license is canceled. i'm trying to buy a home again but lenders need me to make triple what I actually do inorder to qualify for a home big enough to hold a decent daycare. I once closed my daycare so I could work. My first check was a 3rd of what I make in a weeks pay with daycare. My current landlord doesn't want me to get licensed, raised my rent, and is giving me 6 months to move because she wants to use the house for a 24 hour daycare. So yes, I have to break the rules. There is no way i can afford to do anything charging competing prices and keep only a handful of dcks. The parents i currently have, don't care about me being licensed anyway. ass long as i take good care of their children. i will become licensed again once I save enough money to move into my own house that i can freely license.

Seriously? There is NEVER a good reason to break rules/laws.

If you don't like them or feel they are unfair than fight to change them but making an excuse to justify your reason for breaking the rules only makes you sound worse.

NONE of the excuses you used are valid reasons for breaking rules.

It's providers like you that make us all look bad.