View Single Post
Blackcat31 08:19 AM 03-04-2011
Originally Posted by DBug:
I, for one, totally agree with Yvonne. I don't trust very many people at all to watch my kids. I'm a non-drinker, non-drug user and non-smoker, and I don't want my kids to be exposed to any of those things. Not even empty bottles or cigarette butts laying around.

So ... that's why I stay home with my kids
Yes, you may not trust anyone else to watch your child, but you chose to stay home and do it yourself......you are not out trying to rally the troops to pee in cups....

I didn't trust many people to watch my own kids either~they were 10 and 12 the first time I ever left them over night somewhere...but unlike Yvonne, I took responsibility for them rather than make other people submit to rediculous "random testing" so there is a BIG difference between choosing to stay home and do it yourself and making vague accusations toward child care providers.

The message I got from her post was that childcare providers are the "hidden" drug/alcohol users of the world that should be policed better because behind closed doors we are all sniffing the glue sticks we give our kids to do crafts..... and I am offended my the way it was presented.