View Single Post
MarinaVanessa 02:32 PM 08-02-2011
Daily FT for me is 5-10 hours and PT daily is 5 hours or less.

Full-time for me is considered 30-50 hours a week. And PT is 29 hours or less. So in essence even if a DCK only comes 3 days a week they are still considered FT if they come for full 10 hour days (30 hours). Likewise a DCK that comes 5 days a week for 5 hours each day is still considered PT. I do it based on the number of hours instead of the days a week they come because I find that it makes more semse to do it that way than to charge someone that's here 25 hours a week FT rates. BUT if they do something like this they have to either leave before nap or come after nap. It's easier for me to fill the open time slots this way (ie: one PT is here 7am-12pm and a second PT is here 2-6pm.

Since I don't charge my months I'll let someone else chime in on that one. For me, I would still go by however many hours a week they need.

I suggest that to figure out what to charge your PT your should figure out what you are charging your FT's hourly and make sure that your PT are paying a little more. The more time you spend in DC the better the deal so to speak. Your drop-ins of course would pay a higher amount than your PT's.

Once you have your hours/FT/PT guideline figured out getting someone to switch from FT to PT and vise versa will be easier. All you have to do is look at how many hours/days etc they need and compare it to your "guide" and you'll have your amount.

People that have retail jobs typically have schedules that change every week and can vary in hours and times each week which makes it impossible to schedule in another client. They require an entire space and so I require them to pay for a FT spot and for them to provide me with their work schedule two weeks in advance. Others don't mind the fluxuating schedule and so only require them to pay based on whether they themselves are FT or PT at their jobs etc. For example a FT retail employee will usually need FT childcare. Another good option is like you mentioned and charge them daily like a drop-in but with a minimum number of days or hours per week and maybe even at a higher rate than your drop-in rate. If they question why it's so much more expensive than a drop-in client you can argue that the extra $$ is to GUARANTEE their slot, where a drop-in client would not have that luxury.