View Single Post
momofboys 06:04 PM 05-12-2010
Thanks everyone for your replies. To conclude this story, DC child went home early on Tues (mom was here within one hour, bravo mom!!!). He will come back tomorrow as far as I know. The part that ticks me off about the scenario is the drama that unfolded on Tues afternoon. I also watch her school-age son before & after school. When she came to pick up the sick child she told me to call her when the older child got off the bus & "I will come get him right away". She only lives about 1 1/2 miles from our house. So that afternoon the boys (my boys & SAC) were off the bus at about 3:30 pm. I call the mom & leave a message that they are home. She calls back & BIG mistake my DH picks up the phone. She tells him that her son is still asleep, is it okay if she picks up "in a little bit"? He says, fine. I don;t have a problem with it so long as she is ON TIME & I don't think it should be a problem b/c she is right down the road. The clock creeps on & eventually it is 5:15 & pick-up is to be by 5:00 at the latest. She comes in & I say, Wow, DS must have taken a LONG nap, huh?!?!" I'm trying to hint at her lateness. She gives me all kinds of excuses. Now I would not mind if she had just came at 5:00, I really did not care if she picked up the school-ager early.or not. But don't tell me you will do so & then NOT do it. And then to be late?!? I think in the back of her head she thinks I must "owe" her since the younger one went home sick. I'm just annoyed!