View Single Post
renodeb 08:33 AM 03-25-2013
When you showed up unannounced what did you witness? In most states we are required to have a nap/rest time. I think it is wrong of your child care to "force a nap". It is more unusual for a 6 year old to not fall asleep at all. I must say that I don't have many older kids in my care but in the past I would have the tv on real low or have them read or something quiet while others were asleep. They didn't have to sleep but they had to be quiet. My nap/rest time is two hours as well and most do sleep for that whole time. If they wake before the others they have to be quiet until the others wake but they certainly don't have to sleep. Are you saying that there forced to sleep that whole time or just be on there mat the whole time? (big difference!. Most daycares are around two hours depending on age groups, that does seem a little long for a 6 y/o! I would maybe start looking for new dc? No child should be forced. Is it a home dc? Mixed ages? That may make it harder to have seperate spaces where the older child can just do a quite activity til others wake. It seems that this Dad is being ganged up on a bit. I think 2 hours is the norm in most dc's. They may not sleep the whole time but they have to be quiet.