View Single Post
Unregistered 09:07 AM 04-11-2013
I have done home daycare for over 16 plus years! It never ceases to amaze or sadden me that some parents ( I realize not all) have their children in daycare for 8 or more hours a day, pick them up 5pm or later, rush home to feed them, haul the kids to activities several nights out of the week and then come to daycare the next morning, frustrated with the provider that their child fell asleep at 9:00p the night before instead of 8pm! Yep it must be that they are are napping way too long at daycare, nevermind that there possibly is no bedtime routine, kids are being dragged around all evening and then rushed home and expected to fall asleep immediately! In some cases the parents I have had over the years have told me that bedtime is at such and such a time, I know what time they are picking up their child from my house...many times they are spending a max of 2-3hrs per day with their child! The parents are coming home exhausted from their workday, and have little energy or paitence to spend with their own child, they don't want to deal with bedtime behaviors and can't wait to lay their child down to have some "me" time! I have bitten my tongue many times when a parent has asked me to stop napping their child because they are not going to bed at night for them! I would love to have the guts to say..."Maybe your child missed you yesterday and just needs some extra time with mom!" Yes kids do act up with they want attention! Sad and frustrating from a providers stand point as well!