View Single Post
Cradle2crayons 09:00 PM 04-10-2013
I require nap time for all kids 5 and under who are here all day. That nap time is from 1230 pm until whenever they wake up. My sibling group's parents told me even at home on the weekends they have "sleeping trouble at night" and refuse to take naps at home. They are my first two asleep here and on date nights for parents I've kept them overnight without the FIRST problem.

HOWEVER, from the other side, when my now ten year old stayed in a daycare setting years ago, both licensed and unlicensed, they had trouble getting her to nap and if she did nap, bedtime was a nightmare.

So, I'd have to say, this issue I think is completely individual and should be handled such. My almost 5 year old son doesn't like naps, but still needs them, and does take them, no option. My 14 month old dcg takes two naps while in my care. At first, I was doing the one nap time and she was irritable by 1000 am and by nap time was so tired she didn't nap well. Now that its twice a day, she's doing awesome. Yet another scenario, my developmentally and physically delayed precious dcg is a late afternoon arrival (around 400 pm) and is put in bed same time as one other dcg and my personal kids and is picked up around midnight with my other late dck. So all of my kids are very different lol