View Single Post
Blackcat31 06:43 AM 02-25-2011
Originally Posted by Catherder:
Food and drink are served at the table for anyone above 12 months. (even on the playground)

Infant bottle feedings are done in my arms until they can hold their own, then in their cribs until they transition to a cup. Everyone is transitioned by 12 months, here.

Absolutely no cups or bottles in the play areas.

No cups or bottles from home, for many reasons.
I do this exactly.

How come it has become socially acceptable for kids to carry sippy's around with them everywhere? If it was water that parents were pushing because their kid had a tendancy to become dehydrated, then I would get it but I don't understand this new age of kids with sippy's 24/7? When I was a kid we ate and drank at the table ONLY, if I was thirsty in between meals I went and got a drink from the garden hose and once I hit school I went to a drinking fountain in the hall...If it wasn't summer then I usually went to the bathroom and leaned over the bathroom sink and slurped from the faucet!
There was no such thing as a sippy cup, a water bottle or anything of the sort unless you count canteens but I thought those were for soldiers and hikers?!?! LOL!!! Boy, times have changed!!