View Single Post
Unregistered 11:10 AM 01-28-2013
To me my view is to each his own.
The following is why I just dropped from being a Licensed Family Child Care Center (that's what they call it now a center), that is being forced maintain the same rules that a regular Day Care Center that has multiple employees does. The paperwork is outragious, the background checks now have to be done quarterly for myself and yearly for each member of my family. I have never even had anything on my record. The Licensers that are being sent to each establishment all have their own / interpretation of the Day Care Rules.
I have been providing daycare for over 33 years, my first 20 years I had no idea there was such a thing as being Licensed. At that time I would have up to 12 children including my own 2 boys. My Idea, still to this day is, I want my Family daycare to be "family" based. The children came and still do come and become one of my extended family, never treated any different. We went/go for walks, we made meals and snacks together, we drove to school and such if weather was bad outside. I just installed a child safety alarm in my van that my husband and I didn't want to have to deal with turning off when by ourselves shopping etc., but that was a MAJOR part of my daycare, I actually was becoming depressed in the loss of my idea of daycare. I have always been a semi-structured, learn while playing, learning how to get along in a setting with other kids. My kids have always sang the ABC's while washing their hands, we have always had calender time. My daycare!!! It was the right decision for me!!!! Again to each his own. Just love the children with all your heart!!!!!