View Single Post
Starburst 07:48 PM 06-22-2013
I wasn't trying to be mean but those last unregistered comments really got under my skin like they had an anti-home daycare type of mentality, and even some of the earlier ones did the same and it was still years after.

These ones irritated me the most (posted in 2011):
Originally Posted by Unregistered:
Sorry but a daycare in a neighborhood is just a plain nuisance. Loud and inconsiderate of everyone else. With screaming kids and yelling adults. If you yhink this is fair then at least give me some of the money your making. I'm tired I suffering so you can make a buck. Found this site trying to find the right people to call to complain.
(posted 2012)
Originally Posted by Unregistered:
I live in a quiet neighborhood. My neighbor across the street operates a large family daycare for up to 14 kids. I work hard and want to relax or watch a ball game when I get home from work. I like to open the window to let in a little fresh air. Every day at 5 pm my neighbor trots the little rats out to play screaming games in the front yard. You wouldn't believe how loud these kids can scream from 5pm to 6:30 monday through Friday. But the rats aren't what I object to. Kids screaming are really not that annoying. The adult daycare providers that monitor the screaming games scream the loudest to encourage the children. I didn't know you could scream that loud saying go,go go or byeee byyyeee. It seems like these are the only english words these daycare providers know because they are shouted at the top of their lungs everyday from 5 to 6:30. I have stayed home from work and the kids are not outside during the day when everyone is at work. They are only trotted out when the parents come to pick them up. I can see the other side of the coin where the neighbors are not happy with the constant noise, the complete disregard for the neighbors quiet enjoyment of their property. This law allowing large family darecare centers of 14 children in residential neighborhoods is a crime. It should be repealed and these daycare providers that disregard the beauty and quiet and peace that neighbors bought property here to enjoy are the strongest argument to repeal this stupid law.
I do find those comments to be very rude, do they not realize this is a site for people who are interested in the child care business, not people who hate child care- because there are websites for that. I was just trying to make the point that not every home child care provider is like that and they shouldn't take their anger out on other providers because even people who don't have daycares can be bad neighbors and people who have daycares can still be good neighbors- it all depends on the person. Also everyone has a different tolerance level and some people's boiling points are lower levels than others. and like you said some people type key words and find this forum and it could cause issues for future provider whose neighbors hear about all these complaints and try to stop the daycare before the provider has a chance to prove themselves to not be like that. Yes I do think there should be training about keeping the neighbors happy before you get licensed or in workshops for child care providers. But we don't know who their neighbors are and we are not their neighbors so we cant help them other than to tell them they need to talk to their neighbors or contact their neighbor's licensor.