Thread: Major Burn Out
View Single Post
AnythingsPossible 05:46 PM 05-02-2011
Originally Posted by mrs.meg:
The SA kids are all siblings of the little ones, so if I choose to lose the SA, then I would lose my little ones, but maybe I just need to say no SA and get all new ones anyways, not sure. I do feel the SA ones are difficult, then in the summer, they do not take naps, so I get no break at all. I have GOT to make some sort of change, that is for sure.
I can completly relate to you on the SA situation. I too have 3 SA coming this summer due to their younger siblings. My plan is to put my older daughter in charge of them. She loves doing crafts and things of that nature. Of course she may not always feel like working with them, but I think if I put her in control of the whole thing she may groove with it. As for nap time, I have already talked with them and their parents and told them there will be 1 hour required quiet time in the afternoon. These kids have been raised here, so I am hoping that won't be to big of an issue.
I am really trying to just let go of a lot of stress over the summer by just accepting the fact that it is going to probably suck for the most part, but it is only 3 months, and I have already told everyone this is my last summer for SA care. I am accepting defeat and just going to roll with it
Good luck with whatever you decide to do. When I get very discouraged with daycare, my Mom loves to point out that most everyone has issues with their job. The difference for us is that if we choose to, we can get rid of the people that cause us the greatest issues. You can't get rid of an obnoxious co-worker!