View Single Post
busymommy0420 06:09 PM 12-09-2011
My daughter is special needs as well and was in a center daycare part time until she was 14 months old and I became a stay at home Mom. I asked the daycare to help her with her gross motor skills and felt they were not able too because they had other children to care for. I was lucky enough to be able to quit and be a stay at home Mom, not everyone can do that. I watch 5 children during the day and 3 after school and am able to attend to my daughters needs. She has to have a nebulizer treatment during daycare hours, massages, re-direction, individual introduction to toys and redirection if friends get to close to her personal space. All the parents are aware of her needs and special attention she requires and are so supportive of me and of her. They all know it is not her fault. Her birth mother did drugs, smoked and drank throughout her pregnancy and my baby has suffered the consequences everyday since I brought her home on the second day of her life. I have to give her "special" attention but am still able to provide great care for the other children including my son and daughter. I am sure another provider may be able to help this child's needs if it is too much for you with the other friends you care for. I agree about the food and the parent should provide items if you allow that in your program. I have one little friend who brings her own breakfast which I am ok with. Good Luck!