View Single Post
Cradle2crayons 09:05 PM 03-02-2014
Originally Posted by Unregistered:
Sleeping children don't need supervision ? I work in a center and we would be fired if we walked out of the room while the children were sleeping, we also have to be in ratio the entire time. How is it ok to leave sleeping children alone in a room because you are a home provider ?
Maybe because SOME states don't require that children are under constant visual supervision while sleeping ?

I have an infant asleep in one room... His special needs sister asleep in another room because it's medically necessary, and two more kids asleep on a mat in another room. I am not required to be in the room while they are napping. I have live video on the special needs child as well as he two sisters asleep in their nap room. I also have an 11 year old and my own five year olds in their room and an awake daycare boy age 6 in my sons room for quiet play time during nap time.

I guess I should split myself in five pieces and maybe that would work?? Lol

Some family home providers don't have to have visual supervision during naps. Some don't even have to have visual supervision while they are awake. Some rules say "sight or sound" some say both...

Oh and flame me now.. I provide late night and overnight care also... And I'm asleep after x time.