View Single Post
laundrymom 10:37 AM 07-11-2011
Believe me,... I'm glad you are here! The more people you send here will educate even MORE people that we are HUMAN, this is our JOB! , we do it to earn INCOME. We use that income to pay BILLS. We don't invite people into our homes and work very hard for 10-13 hours a day for our HEALTH, or because we are nice people. This is how we feed our families. If you have such a problem with people expecting payment then maybe you should open a free service for parents in your community, so not only will your own grandkids get you for a provider, but the rest of your community can have such a giving person to care for them too! FOR FREE! how wonderful would that be?! I can guarantee you will have people lining up on your waiting list for an opening. Good luck with that!!!!

Originally Posted by laurasophia:
I wish I'd never stumbled on this forum this a.m. I am sick to my stomach reading all the posts about the MONEY MONEY MONEY!!!

I am now a grandma, and I used daycare as a mother of 4 children, but I never realized what drives providers!! I have been COMPLETELY naive about why people do childcare.

I want you to all know that you have cleared up that naivety for me. I will NEVER allow my grandkids to be cared for in a child care setting EVER again. I am going to refer this forum to every young mother I know starting with my own daughters. Mothers need to read and know the comments on here and just how sooo many providers feel about issues involving their children!!!