View Single Post
youretooloud 04:35 PM 05-09-2011
It's entirely possible that something is going on. I don't for a minute think he's in any danger. I don't think his provider is anything but loving and fair.

But, I have had kids who just needed a change in scenery for a while. Even I will admit that my setting isn't a good fit for the whole preschool years. It's time to move on about 4-5-ish. My house is better suited for toddlers and young preschoolers.

I don't know if moving him this summer is a good idea though, as he's moving on to Pre-K in the fall.

I'd certainly validate his feelings, and help him see that at the end of summer, he's going to school.

Maybe you and the provider can come up with a special "Pre-K" program just for him. He might enjoy some special privileges, and some preschool work. Just frame it to the provider that he thinks he's ready for school, and is there anything the two of you can come up with to make him feel bigger.

Maybe you know of a friend his age who's mom would watch him in the afternoons a few weeks out of the summer so he can go to summer camp or vacation bible school, or whatever they do in the summer in your area.

To me it sounds like he's just outgrowing her program and isn't happy there. It's not a reflection on the provider, just that he's getting older.