View Single Post
AshleyAnn 03:07 PM 03-16-2011
I apologize if this is in the wrong section to ask this, I joined today just to ask this question to people who would really know the answer.

I am 20 years old almost 21, and I will be completing two majors from a community college in the state of CT. General Studies and Early Childhood Education by spring 2012 semester. My major director is also making sure that students will also be graduated from NAYCE program as well as their major. I am also currently a "work study" student as a teacher at a daycare center for the past two and a half years.

I am thinking of eventually moving down south to Florida either with friends or possibly without. I have heard that up here in the North our polices on education is very different. I was wondering how much education do I NEED to find a job in Florida to work in a daycare center or (if i had enough money) to run a daycare center eventually in the state of Florida.

I really don't want to go to school another two years since being a daycare teacher doesn't really bring in the money and its a job id love going to everyday and be happy.

Up north to be a substitute or assistant in a public school i must have a bachelors, and I have been told you can have as little as a GED down south > which honestly i think is absurd.

I have already tired researching this answer and haven't come up with a solid answer, I think down the road I may want to finish school with a four year degree but for now this is what I want. If there are classes that need to be taken to do this, does anyone know how much those classes cost to be certified? (after having a degree in education).

Thanks
-ashley