View Single Post
Countrygal 06:59 AM 04-17-2012
Honestly, KC, I do a LOT of digging online for projects and ideas. It's the most time consuming part of putting together my curriculum for the week. I probably spend 2 -3 hours per week putting together the curriculum.

You sound a lot like me - lots of ideas but need some organization. That's why I go to a basic curriculum that someone else has set up and work from there. If I feel that curriculum has too much seatwork, I substitute some ethnic food cooking or some music or some dancing or what ever other idea I have from my "stash".

I also do not follow "weekly" plans. We go as long as we want with a theme. Sometimes the kids are just not "into" a particular theme and it'll last 3 days and sometimes another theme will last 1 1/2 or even 2 weeks. Sometimes our next theme will be a spin-off of our current theme.

For my program, flexibility is key. Some day we don't do our "theme" at all - the kids just need to be outside or are really misbehaving and we need to work that out. That's OK. It's all about what THEY need. That's what I get paid for!

This is just what I do and if you can pick anything out of it to use, GREAT!