View Single Post
Willow 08:45 AM 07-24-2012
Originally Posted by Blackcat31:
Weird how districts in the same state vary as I have never recieved that info. I am sure it is out there somewhere but I have never seen it in all my years of being a parent if a school age child.

I've never seen anything like that either....not sure why it's relevant information anyway. What is to be gained by collecting and posting such data, other than to fuel the anti-vax hype that is running rampant in parts of the state? Monkey see monkey do? If others are doing is so should I?

The town I live in now is the most anti-med I've ever seen to boot. So many parents swear by essential oils and many refuse to bring their kids into the doctor unless/until they're on their death beds. I'm not exaggerating

I accepted a sibling pair who are completely non-vaxed. On MN Health Deptartments Immunization Record form they simply chose option D - "I understand that not following vaccination recommendations may endanger the health or life of my child and others that my child might come in contact with. I hereby certify by notarization that (check one):
I am opposed to all immunizations
I am opposed to only the vaccines indicated. Vaccines I oppose:

Signed/dated
Notary public signed/dated and stamped."

That's all any kiddo needs to be in compliance in a licensed daycare or public school in MN. That is state wide as far as I know, since it's run by MDH. If it wasn't an option everywhere then why would it be offered?

I will say the pair are hands down some of THE SICKEST kids I've EVER had or even met. They were born healthy and by all accounts should in theory (according to mom) be the healthiest kids in town. Reality though is the one has had a green snotty nose non-stop since he started in February and the other one coughs and hacks her way through every naptime. They've missed multiple days for having ridiculous fevers, flus and various other things that drag them down so hard and fast they don't even want to get out of bed.

I cannot help but assume there is a connection.