View Single Post
Blackcat31 08:23 AM 11-11-2013
Welcome to today's parenting.

Yes, I get families like this too. I simply make sure I am clear about my rules and expectations and then hold the parents to them.

If they leave over it, then they leave. I know that sucks sometimes because that means loss of income but honestly my own values, ethics and morals do NOT allow for me to continue being part of something I simply don't believe in or don't support.

I will NOT cater to one child and/or one family. Best case scenario, ALL providers will feel the same and eventually the family that suffers from this kind of entitlement learns that not everyone feels that they are "special".

Worst case scenario, another provider will take them and bend or cave to their special requests....which does nothing to help teach the family that they aren't the only ones on this earth, but I guess that's ok with me because they aren't MY problem...kwim?

The interviewing process is THE biggest aspect of my program. In my opinion it sets the stage right up front for what my working relationship with a family will or won't be.

If the family makes it through the interview and the two week trial period, it is usually all good after that.

Hang in there. Daycare is changing. Parenting is changing. Human beings are changing.

You have two choices. Adapt methods and ways of dealing with these issues or cave and just accept it as it is.

I choose to adapt and find ways to deal so that I can still get up and go to work every day with some like or willingness towards my job.

((((hugs))))