View Single Post
MarinaVanessa 07:14 AM 06-24-2014
Originally Posted by Unregistered:
I am a provider who is strict in my illness policy, and I completely agree with this physician. I've been around long enough to know when a rash needs attention, and will not send away for every rash. I don't send home a child with a fever of 100, whom a acting normal, but the one who is 100, droopy eyes, lethargic I would. I don't close for normal childhood illnesses such as HFM, croup, but will exclude when the child is miserable. It's all common sense. I trust my instincts, and so far they've served me quit well. I've not had to send a single ill child home this year so far as alm my parents have kept them home when required. My rules are clear and fair, so there isn't too much fuss anymore. They're all long time clients as well who know that I don't exclude lightly so they are able to respect my decision when I have to make it.
What about the providers that have illness regulations that require exclusion? The Dr should be discussing policy, not that providers are following what we were told to do.